PlayMGM Online Sportsbook NJ Review
PlayMGM joined the New Jersey sports betting market with the launch of playMGM NJ, New Jersey sports betting app from MGM Resorts International. Although MGM is one of the world's largest casino brands operating its popular sports betting app in Nevada, its online sportsbook in New Jersey is merely subpar. It offers a decent number of betting markets, solid lines, along with a conveniently shared wallet with its companion, playMGM Casino. Its lack of creativity and innovation holds it back slightly.
PlayMGM site features and user experience
Platform and software
PlayMGM is powered by an IGT software platform, with technology displaying a betting cloud displaying the games most bet on. MGM has also partnered with GVC which grants the company access to GVC's massive number of IT staff.
There is currently an app available for iOS and Android devices, which has one of the most appealing interfaces in the NJ sports betting app market. It features clean and clear pages with a wide range of available betting options. Although not as smooth as the company's Nevada app, it is, for the most part, easy for users to navigate.
The playMGM casino and sportsbook apps are two different platforms, however, these can be linked once they have both been downloaded.
PlayMGM online sportsbook offers basic customer support involving an email request form.
Users can also contact customer support via phone at 1-609-248-9531.
Bet variety at playMGM NJ
This sportsbook offers more traditional bets including the following options:
- Moneyline - One of the more traditional types of bets, a money line is a bet on a specific team to win. While other bets involve the winning team and the margin in which they won, a money line is simply a bet on who wins.
- Parlays - A parlay involves two or more teams winning and offers a larger payout than betting on a single team to win. It is simple to place a parlay bet and difficult to win.
- Round Robins - A round robin bet is a bet with multiple parlays at once.
- Futures - Future bets are made on games or events that will occur in the future. Oddsmakers choose the odds based on potential outcomes. Futures are becoming increasingly popular.
- Spreads - Spread betting refers to different types of betting on the outcome of an event, in which the accuracy of the bet affects the payoff.
- InPlay / In-game betting - This allows bettors to place bets after the sporting event has already begun. William Hill offers in-game betting on typical wagers such as money line, point spreads, props, and totals.
Sports offered at PlayMGM NJ
MGM Resorts International caters mostly to tourists looking for popular events and wagering on the popular teams. Therefore the sports wagering menu tends to be a bit more limited than other sportsbook operators and the odds, point spreads, and lines are usually different as well.
Sports offered on the app include:
- Football (NFL, college, and Canadian)
- Basketball (NBA and college)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Soccer (English Premier, MLS, and others)
- MMA combat sports
PlayMGM NJ welcome offers and promotions
PlayMGM offers an enticing first deposit bonus for players who sign up and download PlayMGM NJ Sports. New players receive a $25 first deposit bonus after registering and depositing into their account. After depositing $25 or more, PlayMGM sportsbook will match that deposit, doubling the total amount deposited from $25 all the way up to $100.
MGM offers a reward program at its properties which covers it online and mobile space as well through a program called mLife. The reward levels on mLife range from introductory (Sapphire) to Platinum. The Platinum rewards include a 30% bonus to all pointed the player earns along with a yearly complimentary cruise for two.
PlayMGM offers bonuses for its players, which they can use to book rooms in their hotel locations at discounted prices. Bonus cash can be transferred between the casino and the sportsbook apps. Players can also use these bonus points in playMGM promotions.
Deposit and withdrawal methods
You can make deposits in a variety of ways:
- Direct bank transfer
- ACH or e-check
- Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
- Cash deposits require a visit to a teller at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa or one of the many PayNearMe locations located at 7-Eleven convenience stores.
Withdrawals are more limited with options including Neteller, ACH/e-check or getting cash by mail or from the Borgata casino cage.
PlayMGM became the second online sportsbook to launch in New Jersey, stepping into the market on August 22, 2018. PlayMGM is powered by an IGT software platform and offers both sports betting and casino games in New Jersey. The app is available on Android and iOS, however, there is no desktop site available as of yet.